Call for Applications
As part of the application procedure, all applicants are invited to set out in a single document of no more than EIGHT PAGES the following THREE components and are requested to place these components in the following order in their application:
A. a cover letter (of no more than two pages) introducing the application and identifying the suitability of the applicant and their research project for the Forum format, as well as setting that project within the broader context of the applicant’s career research and future plans. Where appropriate, relevant circumstances must be provided to explain why the applicant is outside the six-year eligibility rule. Applicants applying for financial assistance should also provide circumstances of financial need in this part of the application, together with the extent of the assistance requested.
B. an updated (and, if needs be, abbreviated) curriculum vitae of the applicant (of no more than two pages) that makes clear:
- the current position, commencement date of employment and institutional affiliation of the applicant (please bear in mind for the tenth Forum: applicants must be affiliated with an institution on the African continent; however those based elsewhere but whose research presentation has a strong African focus);
- the employment history of the applicant so as to demonstrate accordance with the six-year eligibility rule and
- the main publications (including those publications accepted for publication) of the applicant published/accepted for publication thus far.
C. a document of the proposed research presentation for the Forum (of no more than four pages) that includes:
- the title of the proposed research presentation and
- the content of the proposed presentation, setting out in clear terms what ideas, argument or set of arguments, critique/s or analysis they wish to present at the Forum.
It is important to emphasize that work submitted as part of the Forum process must not have been accepted for publication prior to the occurrence of the Forum in December 2021.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL THREE COMPONENTS ABOVE (OF NO MORE THAN EIGHT PAGES) ARE SUBMITTED IN A SINGLE DOCUMENT OF PDF FORMAT, ALTHOUGH DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED IN WORD.DOC/WORD.DOCX WILL BE ADMITTED.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications to the Forum email address (annualjuniorfacultyforumIL@gmail.com) and must do so by the deadline of MAY 7, 2021. Applications submitted after this date will not be entertained.